You do not have to be afraid of going outdoors during peak allergy season when you receive allergy and asthma care
from Allergy, Asthma, Bronchitis & Immunology Associates
. Everyday well-being for everyone in your family starts with proven allergy care from our specialists in Fountain Valley & Irvine, California.
Did You Know That...?
1. An estimated 50 to 60 million Americans (1 in every 5 adults and children) suffer from allergies, including allergic asthma. Allergies are the sixth-leading cause of chronic disease in the United States.
2. Allergies have a genetic component. If only one parent has allergies, chances are 1 in 3 that each child will have an allergy. If both parents have allergies, it is much more likely (7 in 10) that their children will have allergies.
3. Allergies are responsible for 3.4 million lost U.S. workdays each year, at a cost of $639 million. An estimated 2 million school days are lost each year due to allergies.
4. An estimated 6 to 10 million Americans are allergic to cats.
5. An estimated 2 million Americans develop severe allergic reactions to insect stings.
6. Food allergies are believed to occur in 8% of children younger than 3 years old. Approximately 200 deaths per year are due to food allergies.
7. An estimated 42,000 cases of adverse drug reactions are reported annually.
8. More than half of all allergy sufferers fail to recognize their symptoms at first, falsely believing they have a cold or the flu.